Monday, July 18, 2005

DQ Something Different

I received a reminder from Your Scrivener Press to submit a 100 word bio for the upcoming anthology Bluffs where my story "Being Needed" will be appearing in the spring of 2006. Very exciting.

I didn't get much writing done this weekend (except for all the usual stuff that goes on in the back of my head while I'm doing other things), but I did do something fun and creative. I've come close to mimicking the joyous taste of Dairy Queen's Flame-Thrower burger on my home grill.

Here's how I did my version of the wonderful hot and spicy sauce (the toughest part - I found the meat, lettuce, tomato, bun and cheese bit were relatively simple to figure out). While I think I've gotten the taste down to a pretty close match, I think my version is a touch more spicy that the DQ version.

- Two heaping tablespoons of Miracle Whip mayo
- One tablespoon of
Tobasco Chipotle
- 3/4 tablespoon of The Original Louisiana Hot Sauce

Mix all three together and you have enough sauce for 2-3 burgers.


Or, in my case, you have enough for a single burger. Yumm. (I kind of have a thing for sauce)

No comments: