Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blackberry Ringing In The Dead Of Night

I’m on call this week, which means I carry the team Blackberry (RIM) around so I can get emailed, called or paged about different system failures 24 hours a day. Every week that I am on call I can’t help but start singing the old Beatles song “Blackbird” in the back of my head, but with new lyrics.

Blackberry ringing in the dead of night
To this peaceful sleep I say goodbye
All damn night
All I really want is to sleep cozy, snug and tight

Man, I hope this week is over fast, because I’m just not satisfied with those lyrics and really want to have another song stuck in my head. Maybe a Barry Manilow tune like “I write the songs” or something (thanks Franny)

1 comment:

Robin said...

My husband has a cure for this, Mark.

If you get a song stuck in your head and you want to get it out, one song ALWAYS does the trick.

Candy Man

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it with dew...

Unfortunately, THAT song will stick, and to date, there is no known cure.