Monday, June 12, 2006

Lost in Downtown Toronto

Maybe it's because we're punchy from having been sitting in a meeting room and working on a tight-deadline project this since 10 AM Sunday morning (it's now 2:15 AM Monday)* but now that the alarm code keeps going off once per hour, Samson and I are convinced that it's set to go off every 108 minutes and that if we don't rush to disarm the alarm, the magnetic field will increase to such a dramatic limit that the CN Tower will come crashing down on our building. And instead of being afraid, we're giggling like giddy little school children. He's calling me John and I'm calling him Dr. Jack. (He is a certified Medical First Responder, after all).

The good news is that we're about to pack up now -- at least I don't have to drive home to Hamilton now, but that we've got rooms at the Holiday Inn across the street - gotta like that commute.

* Okay, we did take two 1.5 hour breaks today to head over to Book Expo and hob-nob with publishers and authors. So sue us for wanting to have a little bit of fun in all this madness

4 comments:

lecram sinun said...

I actually think if a little bit of fun is actually programed into the workday... productivity will go up... along with the great attitude. :) Have a great week, my friend.

Virginia said...

I love it when guys giggle. You can hold it against 'em for a looong time. *wink*

How was the Book Expo? So would love to go one year soon.

lime said...

ya gotta have a way to blow off steam. i love when grown men giggle!

Mark Leslie said...

Lecram, a little bit of fun is always in the cards, nomatter what else is on my plate - keeps me sane. :)

Virginia, though I saw very little of it this year, BEC was awesome. I highly recommend it for any book lover.

Lime, my friend, I'm giggling now. But I'm far from a grown man. Just a big kid who has gotten old.

Okay Malicead, I'll bite - what did one snowman say to the other?