Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Blog Novel With A Twist

The first in a series of ads for the character auction that I'm doing in conjunction with Hamilton Literacy Council and The Hamilton Spectator hit newstands today.

All I can say after seeing the ad is . . . I'm stunned.

It's beautiful. And I don't just say that because it's a shot of my eye and includes the skull that Francine's grandmother sketched back in 1935 (both reflected in my eye, thanks to masterful photoshoping from my buddy Steve Gaydos, as well as on its own) -- okay, maybe that's part of why I think it's beautiful. But I'm rather impressed with the layout and presentation for the ad.

The bids close on August 31, 2006 - here's hoping we can raise some cool funds to support adult literacy efforts.

Oh yeah -- then the nervous part. Working with whoever wins to create a new, unexpected character to introduce into the storyline.

And for those following "I, Death", Peter is finally getting close to being ready to discuss the details surrounding his good buddy Jagdish's death. If you're a horror fan, it's a scene I'm sure you'll relish.

2 comments:

lime said...

hey congrats! that is a very nicely done ad! as for the previous post i had not heard. i may need to start watching that show just because i agree with her stand.12 we need more actresses to do that!

Brown eyed girl said...

Wow, that looks cool!