Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hangin With Neil Peart

My good buddy Pete sent me a link to an extremely rare interview with Neil Peart on YouTube. Peart is not only the drummer for Rush (my favourite band), but also one of my favourite writers. I grew up a huge fan of his lyrics, and was just waiting for the day that he would start to publish his writing.

I greatly enjoyed a sci-fi/horror story he co-authored with Kevin Anderson, and enjoyed all three of his books (travel-type memories): The Masked Rider, Ghost Rider, and Traveling Music.

I'm itching to read his latest book (Roadshow: Landscape with Drums) which just came out in September, because with each new release, his writing gets better and better. And, no, you don't need to be a Rush fan to enjoy them, you just have to like reading a bunch of words strung together one after another. If you like that, you'll love the way Peart strings words together.

Check out this wonderful interview. I couldn't resist wanting to share this.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

No comments: