Thursday, March 01, 2007

HNT - Fat Lip

Okay, so here's a really flattering picture of me.

The other evening, Alexander and I were going down the stations "bums" fashion. It's one of those favourite activities of his, where, when we're at the top of the stairs, he yells out "bums" and we both immediately sit and race down the stairs on our bums. At the bottom he yells out "pile on" and there's a big mess of arms, legs and bums.

After losing yet another bum race to him, I was laughing with him at the bottom. He was sitting on the step immediately below me and suddenly (is there any other word to describe the way 2 year olds do things than "suddenly" and "unexpectedly"?) he jumped up and the top of his head connected with my mouth, pushing a top incisor through my bottom lip.

So there we sat, him crying, me trying to console him while also trying not to bleed all over him.

Francine came downstairs, tended to our wounds and put a stop to the whole "bums" race game. Sigh.


For those of you here for the continuing Darth Tater saga, it should be back next week.

For those of you wondering what the heck Half Nekkid Thursday is
click the image below to visit Os and learn all about it


6 comments:

Sheri said...

aaaahhhh - us moms have a way of putting the stops on some fun dad/child games don't we? I love the Bums game but ouch! your lip sure looks sore. My husband and daughter used to love to play -I'm Gonna Tickle the Meanness Out of You - a tickle game which I hate.

Healing vibes to your lip and Alexanders head. A friend of mine had this exact thing happen to her yesterday when she went to pick up her 2 yr old and she decided to jump up to moms arms. Jump+2yr old+head+moms mouth=big blood blister on lip

Cosima said...

Ouch! I had the same injury a while ago. My son sat on my lap and suddenly (lol) his head bumped into my chin from below.

Happy HNT!

lime said...

ouchorama! mr. lime had his nose broken by our son during one of those 'sudden' 2 yr old moments. you poor guys. hope francine kissed the booboo to make it all better.

HHNT

Melodie Norman Haas said...

I have had busted lips and noses from kids doing the "sudden" moves. Hopefully Francine didn't overrule bum races for good!

S said...

Oh man, that had to hurt, Mark!
When Little Rita was young, I knocked into her with my butt...(its true...) which made her head hit the wall....which made her do that big breath holding air sucking in thing, when through they scream...only this time she passed out instead and turned blue!
Talk about panicing! Sheesh!
(That's what you are not supposed to do BTW)
Anyway, after jiggling her for a few seconds she came to, but for a good solid minute there....what a scary thing....
Glad you two are ok!

S said...

Oh man, that had to hurt, Mark!
When Little Rita was young, I knocked into her with my butt...(its true...) which made her head hit the wall....which made her do that big breath holding air sucking in thing, when through they scream...only this time she passed out instead and turned blue!
Talk about panicing! Sheesh!
(That's what you are not supposed to do BTW)
Anyway, after jiggling her for a few seconds she came to, but for a good solid minute there....what a scary thing....
Glad you two are ok!