Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Unruly Interview

I was delighted to be interviewed by Mick Halpin (AKA Critical Mick) recently. Mick, who is an occasional guest host on the inspiring The Writing Show podcast, recently reviewed my short story collection, One Hand Screaming. and then later asked if I'd be willing to do an email interview.

I did, and it was a lot of fun. Particularly fun to be on the OTHER side of an email interview, as I'd interviewed Tanya Huff, Nancy Kilpatrick, Julie E. Czerneda and Richard Laymon that way.

Mick's reviews are truly creative and intriguing and he has been a driving force behind offering insightful criticism for scenes from my in-progress novel A Canadian Werewolf in New York which Paula B and The Writing Show are following in a reality-inspired "getting published" series on her podcast. (We just recorded Episode 4, which should be up within the next couple of weeks and Paula and I are ALWAYS looking for feedback, so please have a listen, have a read, and throw me a bone . . .)

I particularly like the way Mick opens the interview with the question: "When was the last time you were scared shitless?" asks me if I was ever arrested, the volume of coffee I drink, yet mixes these fun queries in with good solid writerly questions.

You can read the unabridged and off-the-cuff interview I did with Mick here.

Speaking of my short story collection, One Hand Screaming, I was delighted to learn yesterday that Bakka Phoenix, Toronto's best place to find a glorious selection of speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror) and a staff of passionate and knowledgeable readers of spec fic, is going to be stocking my book at their dealer's table at World Horror Con 2007 which takes place in Toronto at the end of March.


Woo Hoo! Er, ahem, I mean, ah... That is a good thing. I'm quite delighted. Oh who am I kidding? Woo Hoo! Look at me. Lionel Richie and I are dancing on the ceiling . . .

No comments: