Friday, December 17, 2010

Da Count - Spreading Joy

Putting out merchandise on a sales floor is easy to do.  It's also relatively simple to make an attractive and effective display.

And when you have a product that is "box-like" and a simple rectangle, there are only so many ways you can configure the display, right?

Sure. But given variances in colour, for example, you can make an otherwise simple display into something a little more appealing, something a little more attractive, something a little more eyecatching . . .

. . . something that perhaps spreads a little joy.


I was delighted to see this display at my local Metro grocery store on Upper James in Hamilton.  So pleased, in fact, that I paused to take a picture of it.

It was simple, yet effective.  And it brought a smile to my face.

Yes, the snowmen on top added to it, but it was the configuration of the red and white Dr. Pepper cases that make this display. Not sure if it was a corporate marketing initiative or something implemented at the one store I visited, but it certainly was effective.

So I'd like to count those little things we encounter in our days, small, seemingly insignificant things that put a tiny little positive and pleasant feeling in our hearts. Retailers have that ability to do it by making simple choices when building their displays.

They can "move a product" but they can also "move a person."

dacount

1 comment:

lecram said...

It never fails to amaze me how a visual can perk up the spirit. Cheers, my friend!

BTW... love the new layout.