Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Man In The Wall

Now that the re-telling of the silly Darth Tater Spud Wars series is done, I'm back to doing silly one-off HNT posts. (If you missed the saga entitled Spud Wars: A New Hopelessness and want to know what you're missing, you can follow the whole silly thing from the first post: Darth Tater Unmasked)

This time around, I'm sharing some pictures from several years back, before I had finished the basement, actually - so we're looking in the realm of mid to late 2003.

I wanted to properly run speaker cable as well as the cable/satellite feed from the living room down to the basement before I dry-walled the basement stairs area, so I cut a hole in the drywall to mount a connection box. (If you look off to the left, you'll see the original way I had run those wires - the "it works" but "not so pretty" method)

Of course, once there was a hole in the wall, I just couldn't resist goofing around . . .



. . . and yes, I'm being silly in these pictures, but looking at them now makes me want to write a horror story. Perhaps something about a middle aged man who lives inside the wall of a house. It could be an absurdist Becket-like "Happy Days" sort of story . . . meant to be frightening and darkly humorous, but really be about the condition most people spend their lives in - the sense of being trapped, or living, as Thoreau put it, a life of quiet desperation.


No comments: