Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Those Little Things

Sometimes it's those little things that make such a big difference.

The other day I had printed off a Google Map for some books that I needed to deliver to a customer. Normally, I'd print the map, which has a pointer showing the location I'm going to, then, on the printed sheet, jot down the address and phone number of my destination.

However, this time I noticed something I hadn't seen before . . .


When you hit the Print button at the top of the Google Maps screen, the pop-up window allows you to enter a free text note that will print along with the map.

Simple, yet ultimately useful. Perhaps it was there all along and I only just noticed it now.

But what a wonderfully simple thing that makes it that much easier for the user to customize their experience and ensure the printed map has the detail and info that they want.

It makes me think back to what simple yet effective things I can do to make my own customer experiences that much richer.

No comments: