Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I Lost My Virginity at 16

I lost my virginity at 16. My Tesseracts virginity, that is.

Tesseracts is a long-running, award winning speculative fiction anthology series. Although I have submitted fiction to this highly competitive series (edited by a continually rotating assignment of editors) I haven't yet made it in. Thus I have thought of myself as a Tesseracts virgin.

A Tesseract is the four-dimensional analog of the cube


I suppose if I was going to lose my Tesseracts virginity, this is a delightful way to do it. So this time I get to wear my editorial hat and be involved in selecting the stories that will appear in the next incarnation. Tesseracts 16 guidelines were announced this week on Edge Publishing/Tesseract Books website.

I am tremendously proud and honoured that I am going to be the editor for this next round.

The theme for Tesseracts Sixteen is "Parnassus Unbound." The anthology will focus on art, music, literature and cultural elements which are integral to the story.  And yes, Parnassus refers to the Greek mythology of the fountain Castalia (at the base of Mount Parnassus) whose waters could inspire poetic brilliance.

Tesseracts Sixteen: Parnassus Unbound will be published in the Fall of 2012.

Full submission guidelines appear here: Tesseracts Sixteen Guidelines

Submissions close: Feb 29, 2012 (yes, a whole extra day)


No comments: