Friday, August 31, 2012

My Favourite Haunt on Locke Street

My new non-fiction title Haunted Hamilton is starting to appear in various local stores.  I thought it would be fun to try to spotlight those stores, to encourage people not just to go check out my book, but to check out everything these wonderful stores have to offer.

Today's feature is Epic Books on the always awesome Locke Street in Hamilton.

It's my favourite place to haunt when I'm on Locke Street. (Okay, I usually bounce between Epic Books and Locke Street Bakery which is my second favourite haunt - they have the best bagels!  Then again, there's the wonderful Cheese Shop on Locke -- aw, who am I kidding? Once I head down to Locke Street, I'm there for the afternoon -- so many great places to visit. But no visit to Locke is complete without popping in to Epic Books)

Epic Books at 226 Locke Street South, Hamilton, ON

Epic Books on Locke Street is a fantastic little shop run and staffed by avid readers/book lovers.  It is always a great pleasure to pop in and talk to Jaime, the store's owner, about what she is reading as well as new events and activities in the bookselling and publishing world.

Epic Books owner Jaime
There are, as Jaime blogged about the other day, signed copies of Haunted Hamilton: The Ghosts of Dundurn Castle & Other Steeltown Shivers available on the shelves.  They are right up front in the section facing the front door that features local interest and local author books.


And, speaking of this great bookstore, I'll be joining several other local authors at the Epic Books table (just outside 226 Locke Street South) pretty much all day during the annual Locke Street Festival on Saturday September 8th  (it all starts at 10 AM), signing copies of Haunted Hamilton and some of my other books. 


No comments: