Monday, April 21, 2014

Getting Publishing With Michell Plested

I met Mike Plested a few years ago when World Fantasy Con was held in Toronto.

I listened to him as he participated in a couple of panels, and then I had the good fortune to chat with him for a while at the ChiZine party one of the evenings.

Robert Runte, Michell Plested, Emily Craven, Mark Leslie

Ever since meeting Mike and talking shop with him and a few other wonderful writer-types into the wee hours of the night, I started listening to his Get Published podcast.

Mike is the author of Mik Murdoch, Boy Superhero (which I was delighted to learn is being followed up this year with Book Two), and the editor of A Method to the Madness: A Guide to the Super Evil. Apart from being a brilliant author, he also shares great information with the writing community on his podcast.

Being a big fan of Michell's wonderful podcast, and having enjoyed so many great conversations that he has on his show, I was delighted to be a guest (wearing both my Kobo hat and my author hat) on his show for Episode 133.

We talk about Kobo Writing Life as well as my own experiences as a writer. Fun stuff.

No comments: